What is vitamin E and how does it work?
We live in an age where deadlines and time-crunches define our day. The stress that comes from leading such a busy lifestyle often leads to you skipping out on a nutritious meal. As a result, our body falls short of essential vitamins and minerals. In total there are 13 vitamins, each with a unique role in the body. For instance, vitamin B2 is responsible for keeping your metabolism in check.While vitamin C strengthens your immune system and heals injuries. Then there is vitamin A to ensure strong bones and healthy teeth. Finally, when it comes to healthy and naturally glowing skin, vitamin E is the secret.
Vitamin E is a type of nutrient that can be absorbed by fatty tissues and stored in the body for later use. As an antioxidant, vitamin E performs various functions in the body. Every month,your skin undergoes regeneration. That means your body sheds dead tissues to replace them with new ones. Vitamin E is a vital element for the development of these new tissues and for regulating this entire process. Besides that, it enables cell communication. Cells need to interact with one other to carry out various functions in your body. Thus, it’s very important to maintain a healthy reserve of vitamin E in the body. But it’s easier said than done. Vitamin E is not produced by your body and this means that it needs to be made available through your diet. You can find natural sources of vitamin E in nuts like almonds and peanuts. Other than that, sunflower seeds and avocados are a rich source of vitamin E.
Now, the amount of vitamin E required by your body varies according to your age. For instance, an adult is recommended to have 15 milligrams of vitamin E per day. While infants need as little as 4 milligrams a day.
Why you should add vitamin E to your skincare routine?
A majority of the moisturizers give a lot of attention to vitamin C, but more often than not, they miss out on vitamin E. Vitamin E is one of the most underrated but significant elements when it comes to skincare. It is so healthy that it is also incorporated in baby care products as well. Here’s why you must add vitamin E in your skincare routine:
1. No more dry skin – Vitamin E moisturizes your skin and keeps it hydrated for longer so that your skin doesn’t dry out.
2. Packed with anti-ageing properties – Vitamin E works like a magic potion to beat skin ageing. It regulates blood flow in the skin, which makes you look younger. That is why vitamin E is a key ingredient in anti-ageing creams.
3. Cleanses your skin – Vitamin E deeply cleans the pores of your skin without making it dry. This rejuvenates your skin and makes you feel refreshed.
4. Shields against harsh sun – Vitamin E has the capability to absorb the harsh ultra violet rays of the sun, which can cause severe skin conditions.
5. Protects against free radicals – Free radicals are unstable atoms that damage the structure of the cell. These free radicals can be formed by exposure to dust, solar radiations, or harmful chemicals. Vitamin E helps to protect your skin against the free radicals.
6. Fights skin diseases – Vitamin E is also known to help improve certain skin conditions such as acne, dark spots, and even severe diseases such as skin cancer.
Apart from the multiple benefits it provides to the skin, vitamin E is also very healthy for your hair. Its nourishment supports hair growth and prevents hair loss. It is always recommended to use vitamin E-rich shampoos for hair growth and thickness.
Vitamin E deficiency symptoms
Lack of sufficient nutrients in the body can have serious ramifications. When your body is deficient of vitamin E, it will be visibly evident in the form of hair loss, dull skin or it may show up as any other symptom. Here are some of the signs that you can look out for –
1. Hair fall – At some point or the other, you have lost a fistful of hair when you ran your fingers through your hair. Well, that’s what happens when your body lacks vitamin E. On an average, you lose about hundred hair strands every day. And that is normal. But excessive hair fall is usually due to a vitamin E deficiency.
2. Dry skin – Have you noticed your skin appearing dry even after repeatedly applying moisturizer? That’s your body’s way of telling you that you lack vitamin E. Your skin needs adequate amounts of vitamin E to stay healthy, especially during winters.
3. Premature skin ageing – Lack of vitamin E often shows up as fine lines too. Wrinkles and fine lines are inevitable as you age. But if they begin to appear while you’re still young, it is definitely due to a deficiency of vitamin E.
Incorporate Vitamin E in your hair and skincare routine
Now that you understand the importance of vitamin E for your skin, let’s see how you can incorporate it in your everyday skincare routine.
Sebamed is a skincare brand that offers a wide range of products that are rich in vitamin E. Each product is meticulously developed by dermatologists to ensure healthy skin. You can easily use those products by following this simple skincare routine -
1. Hygiene first - The first step towards improving your skin is to clean your pores. Sebamed’s liquid face and body wash is a 100% soap-free liquid. It deeply cleans your pores without drying out your skin. Formulated with vitamins and natural ingredients, this liquid nourishes your skin cells. Other than that, you may also use Sebamed’s clear face care gel to keep your skin hydrated. Its key ingredient is aloe vera that heals acne and protects your skin against bacteria.
2. Moisturize your skin – A majority of the moisturizers miss out on vitamin E. Sebamed’s moisturizing cream contains the highest amount of vitamin E that is 2.3%. It keeps your skin hydrated for longer, thus, it’s the best moisturizer for dry skin.
3. Don’t skip hair care – Maintaining healthy hair requires as little as washing your hair regularly. Sebamed’s everyday shampoo not only cleans your hair but also locks in the natural oils and moisture of your hair follicles. With every wash, your hair is naturally supported for faster growth. So, if you need a shampoo for hair growth and thickness, look no further!
4. Wrinkle-proof your skin – Skin cells tend to get damaged overtime due to exposure to ultra violet rays and pollutants, causing pre-mature aging of the skin. Sebamed’s anti-ageing cream is infused with vitamin E to protect your skin and neutralize the impact of pollutants. It only takes 28 days for this cream to show visible improvement when it comes to fine lines and wrinkles. Thus, it is one of the best wrinkle creams.
If you’d like to revitalize your skin and get bouncy, shiny hair, head to MyWellnessKart for Sebamed’s vitamin E-rich skincare and baby care products.